Why Backup Blog Content is Important

Confession Time: I broke one of my own cardinal rules when it comes to owning a blog. Have backup content!

If you've noticed by the lack of content this week, I have been unavailable to post. I had a medical situation which occupied most of my time this week.

If you have a blog, this is going to happen to you occasionally. There are even going to be times where you don't feel like writing and you need to pull something out of the hat. Having backup content is a great way to do this.

One of the ways I do this is by writing several blog posts at once. I usually write them in groups of five. Then I'm prepared for the coming week.

This doesn't necessarily mean that you have to post them right away. If they are not topical, then they can last as long as you need them. Backup blog posts are great for a rainy day.

Keep Blogging and Happy Friday to All!

Read more here: http://notesfornonprofits.blogspot.com/2009/02/creating-blogging-strategy_05.html

0 comments:

Find Me On:

Most Popular Posts

Ten Things a Nonprofit Should Do Before Setting Up Social Media

The Conversation Prism

Getting Your Board on Board with Social Media Part One & Part Two

Budgeting for Social Media Part One & Part Two

Followers

Marketing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory