When was the last time you performed a charitable act?


Today I had an interesting experience, one I haven't had in a while. As I was walking out of Tim Hortons, I encountered an elderly man who I had seen several times before, begging on the sidewalk. We struck up a conversation and I ended up giving him the change in my wallet. It really only amounted to about $2.50 but his smile when he got it was definitely worth it.


And as I reflected, I realized it's been a while since I performed a charitable act. Especially one where I got to see immediate results.


And it just so happened, that today was a good day to achieve some perspective.


Sometimes it's easy to forgive to give, even when you work in the nonprofit industry. I worked at an organization where very few of the staff donated to the cause. Somehow the thought was that by working there, they were contributing enough.


So I pose a question, when was the last time you performed a charitable act? Was it a donation or volunteering? And was the experience good or bad?


Share your thoughts below.


And if it's been awhile, consider making a charitable contribution today.

0 comments:

Find Me On:

Most Popular Posts

Ten Things a Nonprofit Should Do Before Setting Up Social Media

The Conversation Prism

Getting Your Board on Board with Social Media Part One & Part Two

Budgeting for Social Media Part One & Part Two

Followers

Marketing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory